Sunday, March 18, 2012

Time is Up

My time is up.

It is hard to believe that seven weeks have come and gone.

It is harder still to know that Warner is six and a half weeks old.  And forever has my heart.

It is Sunday evening.

The eve of my return to work.

The eve to my new normal.

Tomorrow, I go be throwing a huge role back into my life, on my plate.  A role that I don't take lightly.  But a role that needs to come in 2nd place to my family.

I am a workaholic.  There, I admitted it.  I always feel like I can do better.  Be better.  Serve better.

HOWEVER, I MUST determine within myself that I cannot balance all that is one my plate to 100% perfection.  I try.  I fail.  My family gets the scraps of me.

I must determine that they will not get the scraps.  That they will get the wife and mother that they need.  And deserve.

My prayer for tomorrow and beyond, is that I can be a great wife.  a great mom. and a good teacher.  That all those who I come into contact with daily will feel my love for them and see the Lord through me.  That is a tall order.

And I fail at it repeatedly.

But tonight that is my prayer.

I have such a supportive family and friends.  I have received many texts today of well wishes, thoughts, and prayers.  My amazing hall at school has told me not to pack a lunch tomorrow, that they are bringing food.

I am so blessed.  Blessed to be Brian's wife and the Mama to three amazing boys.  To have a wonderful, supportive family and friends.  To have a job at a loving school.  To lay on a pillow in a warm, cozy bed tonight.  I am blessed, even if my time is up.  He knows far better what is best for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment