Monday, March 12, 2012

Spiderman...or...hmmmm...AntMan!

Garrison was working out in the yard today when he came running into the house with a blood-curdling scream.  I was fully expecting to see blood and the need for stitches.  Through panic-stricken screams, he told me that a fire ant had bitten him on the thumb.  A little TLC and he was back to himself.

A little while later, he asked me if spiders can climb walls.  Here is our conversation:

Me: Yes, spiders climb walls.

G: Maybe I can climb a wall now.

Me: But, a spider did not bite you, an ant did.

G: {after thinking for a few} Can ants climb walls?

Me: Yes, ants can climb walls, but remember that the Spider man movie is make-believe.

~I still don't think he is convinced that he will not be able to climb a wall.  Brian pointed out to me that the ant bite is right where the spider bit Peter Parker in the movie.  If GL suddenly starts climbing walls in hot pursuit of some kind of sugary snack, we might just have the makings of the next blockbuster film!

No comments:

Post a Comment