Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm Big

My dear friend, Christine, has graciously helped with transporting Garrison to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  This has been a huge help to Brian and me.  Plus, GL really enjoys riding with his buddy Bryson!  Christine receives the 'Rock Star Award' for continuing this while I have been on maternity leave.  She ventures from the elementary school over to my house twice a week to pick up my kiddo!  Brody, who is usually half dressed when they arrive, loves to play with the big boys for a few minutes before they leave.  Yesterday, he got upset when they were heading out the door.  He wanted to go with them.  (Bless him, he thinks he is so much bigger than he is.)  Christine asked if he could help her take them to school.  A quick wiping of the face, shoe hunting, and jacket finding, and he was out the door to ride with the big boys.  Plus, he got to ride in a booster seat.  Such.A.Big.Deal!

Christine told me the most precious story when they go back...

Brody was being quiet on the ride back to the house.  Here was their conversation:

C:  What are you doing Brody?
B:  I'm thinking.
C:  What are you thinking about?
B:  I'm thinking that I am big.

melt.my.mommy.heart

~Yes my little guy, you are a big boy.  Could you please slow down a little on becoming such a big boy so soon for your mama who is not quite ready for that?  I love you to the moon and back.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment