With three boys, there is no getting away from it.
I have wondered how I'm gonna add it to our schedule.
...especially times three...
A friend's husband upon meeting Warner and the big boys for the first time exclaimed, "You are going to live at the ball field !"
Yep, we are! And, it begins now...
I'm not gonna lie, GL did NOT want to play T-ball. DID NOT!!!! But, the rockstar parents that we are, forced it upon him. We have good reason, really! He needs experiences and challenges. He needs to be pushed by mama bird out of the nest. JUST.A.LITTLE.BIT. Not too much mind you. just a little ;-)
So, apprehension gripped him as we all loaded in the van to make it to the first practice. Brian and I were pretty hilarious looking as we were trumping through the ballpark trying to figure out where in the world this T-ball field was located while toting our three crazy kids. Alas, we found that tiny field, and the parents were put to work. {not me as I was "one of those" moms with two other littles, my ginormous camera, and phone for texting in hand}
Brian helped GL with batting on the T along with another dad and his decked-out-in-uniform kiddo. Toooo cute! Things were looking up. GL was swinging that bat and running after the balls. I snapped pictures, Brody played on a nearby tree. Warner snug in his seat. Then Ole Coach Terry instructed the kids to rotate and parent helpers to stay where they were. What!? This was going to be where GL lost it. Had a melt down. Shyed away. Having to move to a complete stranger to practice was going to be his T-ball demise.
NOPE, he might as well have skipped over to the unknown man holding a strange ball on a pole for batting practice. My jaw was premantly embedded into that red clay dirt! He swung at that ball on his turn, squatted in the dirt as he waited for his teammate to have a chance. I snapped pictures. Jaw still on the ground.
Next rotation, proved more of the same. He was really getting into this. I became the mama encouraging from the other side of the fence. He waved, I waved. Am I dreaming?! Is this MY Garrison?! My "I do NOT want to play T-ball Garrison?!
He soaked up the rest of practice. Ran the bases with his new buddies. Smiled from ear to ear. I smiled from ear to ear.
We walked back to the van beaming about how proud we were of him for trying so hard. It is inevitable. We are gonna live at the ball field. I'm ok with that. ;-)







No comments:
Post a Comment