Brian spoke those words to me as we grappled with the calling we were feeling from the Lord.
Well, wouldn't be right if we didn't load those rocking chairs up with us. We'll sit on them and say, "here we are."
The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of planning and saying sweet good-byes. Friends are sending us off with amazing farewells! Lavishing upon us good ole southern fare, powerful prayers, and words of encouragement that energize us to keep going.
The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of planning and saying sweet good-byes. Friends are sending us off with amazing farewells! Lavishing upon us good ole southern fare, powerful prayers, and words of encouragement that energize us to keep going.
(I really hate that I do not have other pictures of the sweet farewells that we received)
I love the love we feel right now. The cheers telling us that we can do it and that we are supported.
The hugs around the neck. The "I'm not going to say good-byes" and the ink written across cards that make me laugh and cry in one fail swoop.
Saying good-bye to my amazing two classes of fifth graders was extra hard this year. Those ten and eleven year olds made me laugh, kept me on my toes, gave me much needed hugs, and filled my hours with happiness through a VERY trying year. Sparing them my personal battles, they had no idea how much their daily "gifts" meant to me.
This year wrapped up nine years of teaching 5th grade. I'm walking away from teaching in public education, to homeschool the boys. I'm not mad at public ed. I gave all of myself to teaching and loving my students, and I hope that love and energy did not cause others to be mad at public ed. I'm not defeated by the occupation (although, there have been MANY times that I felt like I was). I'm not weary of my boys being in Las Vegas schools. We are just wanting flexibility and closeness for our family as we transition to a different pace of life.
The question of the hour is "How are you feeling about the move?"
Well, thank you for asking. Don't mind if I do...
We are all ready! Brian has been working for months on end preparing everything. I mean EVERYTHING y'all! He has worked on the craziness known as church legalities. Building a super cool website (find it at www.thespringslv.com), fundraising, networking, researching, finding us a little nest to settle in, moving our stuff 1,950 miles across this country in a Uhaul. You know, just some little things like that.
The boys ask often about WHEN we will be going to Las Vegas. I love their love for adventure. I'm also well aware that they do not fully comprehend what is on the other side of this thing. They are flexible and chill. Ready to see what this desert living is going to look like. I know the question of "When can we go home?" will come. I know I'm going to feel that way too. We will navigate that bridge when we get there.
I've been doing life "as normal" with the exception of not having my own home to live in since February (so very thankful for Brian's parents for letting us BOMBARD their house during this FAST AND FURIOUS stage of our lives).
I've continued working, continued running around like a mad woman, and "tried" to keep things normal (including ball for the boys...make-up posts to come). School was winding down for everyone. My big life change comes at the end of the school year that came to an end anyway. So, for the most part, my life has felt "normal" as everyone around me moves into summer mode.
We've planned our jaunt across the U.S., which we are really pumped about. We are seizing this time to enjoy the journey. To see the Lord's handiwork. To make memories with our boys. To take them on an adventure that we had only dreamed about taking them on. Here is a sneak preview:
My emotions are mixed about leaving. I'm at peace. I know that the Lord is gracious and gives that peace that passes all understanding. I'm calm right now. Steady and sure...at the moment.
I'm positive that the ugly cry will come. I'm human. But, He is greater. And we will get through it.
There is excitement but we definitely have fear of the unknown. I think fear is a natural thing that we humans have. Fear is unhealthy when it STOPS us from doing what we know we are called to do. Our motto, "do it afraid" is set on repeat.
With so much newness invading our lives, it is hard not to be scared. But, He has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, of love, and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7.
That, my friends, is some great news for all of us!
That, my friends, is some great news for all of us!






No comments:
Post a Comment