This morning we loaded three VERY refreshed young men into the Starship Enterprise.
My OCD nature of wanting the van to be nice and orderly does not match my scattered tendencies of an unnatural organizer. Oxymoron? Yes. Reality? Yes That’s messed up! I know, I know! So, alas, I want the van to be clean and orderly, but I cannot figure out a good system on getting it there. Each boy has their on bag of ‘stuff,” a blanket, travel pillow, thermos...that about covers it. Oh yeah, and a kitchen sink. By the time we make it to each stop, it appears that their stuff exploded in a tirade of Crayola, activity book, snack frenzy.
We oohed and awed as we approached the skyline of St. Louis. The boys were amazed at the sheer size of the arch. Brody began to express his concern about going on top of the arch. My reassurance that we would be on the “inside” of it provided little comfort to my cautious boy. He did, however, think that it was cool that we had to start out underground. We spent a couple of hours exploring the wonders of something so spectacular and man-made. Brody conquered his fear once we got to the top of the arch. He thought it was fun to stretch out on his belly to take in the views below.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
More PB&Js were consumed in the car as we broke through the Gateway to the West and got back on our temporary home better known as I-70. Warner promptly feel asleep mid-bite. Garrison and Brody were wound up. A few puzzles did the trick for a bit.
They laughed and teased each other for a while. I was beginning to think that having all three sit side by side was a positive thing after all. However, for the past hour, the two that are picking at each other non-stop is the eldest and the youngest. Working my nerves, err I mean, I have nerves of steel.
| Nope, they are not holding hands. Just Garrison's way of reigning Warner in from slapping his leg more! Oie |
We stopped in Kansas City, KS at Cabela’s off the recommendation of some friends. This was an AWESOME place to stop and let the boys stretch their legs for FREE! They loved seeing all the animals that graced this massive sports store.
We ate dinner there as well. Buffalo burgers for B and me. They were so yummy!!! I demolished mine without even blinking. No shame.
We aren’t in Tennessee anymore. We are in Kansas. Where all of the sudden, the tree line gives way to vast sprawling fields that makes you think of the movie, Twister. Silos grace the horizon. In those beautiful farmhouses off in the distance, you’re sure to find well worn hands holding each other while prayers speak over the dinner produced from fields worked.
As the sun sets on day two, we are cutting our way through the Breadbasket of America. We’ll lay our heads in Salina for the night and get back on it in the morning. I’m in awe of our Creator and His masterpiece that lies all around us…and IN us.
“No one is like you, Lord; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.” Jeremiah 10:6










No comments:
Post a Comment