When we pulled into our driveway three weeks ago, the mile high grass called out with, “Hey, it’s obvious no one lives here” screams from our front, ahem, "lawn". Two things are necessary to note here:
2) We needed a new lawn mower. Assuming that we would have rocks and dirt to maintain once moved, our lawnmowers got new homes before we left Tennessee. So, Brian took himself right on down to Ace Hardware and picked up this machine full of whopping horse power and torque…
![]() |
| Oh, yeah, baby...seeing it in full throttle is mucho fun! Brian doesn't think that is funny. |
I felt like I was going to need two weeks to complete the gargantuan task of traveling laundry. Man, it stunk. Musty. Sweaty. Chlorine filled. I managed to get it washed and folded in a few days. Unfortunately, it is still not all put away and decorates the hallway and bedrooms like Kirkland's never could!
Can we be real here? I mean, really real? If not, do not look any further. The following pictures of chaos may be just too much to contend with...
The boys shoes are like their clothes, scattered all over the upstairs. Our here and now focus has been to get the downstairs family living areas in order...the temperature is MUCH cooler down there. Finding a kitchen table and a rug to put on top of the carpeted dining area are majors on our list. Have you seen my
Also in the I’m-not-spending-a-lot-of-money search was a patio dining set. Every morning and evening has been spent out there in the shade with a perfect breeze. Our beach chairs are standing in as substitute chaise lounges and the boys find much novelty eating their breakfast picnic style. I imagine that school lessons will be mastered on that same patio. Therefore, a good "bargain of all bargains" find is on my list.
Right now, my favorite room is the living room. It is 90% finished. Why do I have a feeling that the other 10% won't ever be accomplished? Maybe because I have cleaned up toys, shoes, books, and other randomness for days that get scattered about because people live here. S.O.S to all mamas out there that keep their living areas guest ready at all times. Help a sister out. How on earth do you do it?
| It no longer looks like this. Throw in toys, clothes, shoes, snot rags... Can you see them? Oh, yes, yes, there you go! |
This adorableness has a front and center spot on our bookcase...
Gifted to me by my beyond precious friend, Anne, I love the little taste of Tennessee every time my eye catches its cuteness.
In the middle of all of this moving in and making a house a home shenanigans, I am reminded of His peace. Random phone calls, texts, and cards in the mail make the chaos sweeter. They remind me of the love of people that surround us from afar and their belief in the Great Commission.
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.





No comments:
Post a Comment