Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 1: Movin' out of the Southeast, Poopy Diapers, and LOTS of Food

I've lived in the Southeast my entire life.  I went to college an hour from home.  When Brian and I got married 13 years ago, we moved six hours...deeper into the south.  The sweet tea there is good y'all!  I mean really, REALLY good.  I learned how to make it.  I'll share. ;)

Today, we bid ado to those beautiful hills and gentle mountains.  The morning was glorious as we pulled our 10 ton van down the mountain.  I prayed HARD that those back tires would not burst as we traveled along I-24.  I prayed even more that my nerves would not burst under the pressure of three testosterone filled boys sitting in uber close proximity right behind me.  

I'm happy to report that nothing only one thing burst today.  Warner's diaper exploded!  His poop covered fingers revealed evidence of a small set back in our travel.  We made an emergency exit on a back country road in Illinois.  I changed that nastiness right there on the shoulder and made quick work getting back on the interstate.  


The boys really did do awesome!  They were patient.  They slept.  They watched a couple of movies and fiddled with their travel bags full of goodies.  And Warner found much enjoyment out of his baby blanket.  Forget the bag of stuff that cost money to entertain him.  Argh, one day I will learn my lesson.  Cardboard boxes, pots and pans, baby blankets...  

Warner was perfectly content talking to himself under his blanket.  

Early on, Brian and I stared at each other when we were ten minutes in the trip when we heard the cry for food come from the back seat.  Brody needed a snack.  Ten minutes in.  Geez.  Um, these boys really are going to eat us out of house and home.  They asked for snacks throughout the ENTIRE day.  We had plenty on hand thanks to grandparents.  Bellies were fed, so these people were happy.

We made it to just outside of St. Louis in great time.  Having enough time left in the day to go to dinner.  IHOP was walking distance and legs needed to be stretched.  Then, the pool beckoned our presence.  We happily obliged.  The three little pigs are winding down in the bed next to mine.  They are watching the St. Louis Cardinals on TV.  The big Mosley man is a bit distraught that we neglected to check the Cardinals' schedule.  A home game would have been fun.  Nevertheless, they all watch while the park is 30 minutes away.   

We have certainly felt the prayers coming from our family and friends.  Thank you!  The cheers are energizing, and we are humbled by your encouragement.  We are in the Midwest.  Tomorrow, we tackle Missouri and some of Kansas.  

Dear Southeast, we will be back.  Your green arms will be spread wide open to embrace our visit.



       




No comments:

Post a Comment