Monday, April 1, 2013

Ministry to Chile

This couple has a heart.  A big heart.  singular.  Not plural.  A heart for Jesus.  A heart for ministry.  A heart for missions.  A heart for the lost.
The Minays have served as missionaries in Cambodia, Albania, and Chile (actually, this is their second time to serve in the country).  Brian's first mission trip was to Cambodia where he worked alongside them.  We both served with them in Albania, and now Chile.  Obviously, we adore the Minays

They are selfless

Brian and I were like little kids in a candy store.  We loved listening to their stories about the work they have done in their 30 years of ministry. 

We laughed. 
We were inspired. 
I cried.

As we were going through the police checkpoint flying out of Santiago, I helplessly shed tears.  They blessed us by sharing their heart and lives with us for seven days.   

I am moved by their drive and sincere passion for missions.  By their selfless act of service to our Lord.     



Brian was privileged to preach at their anniversary service.  I am so proud of this man and am in awe of how God is using him.    
I shared with this precious group of women.  But honestly, I was the one who was blessed just to sit and listen to them.  There is something about people singing to God in their native language that moves me to tears.  Spending the afternoon with these ladies was one of the best parts of my trip.
They did not speak English.  I do not speak Spanish.  With Debby acting as mega-interpreter, we communicated.  Reguardless of the language barrier, we are sisters in Christ.  They.blessed.me. 
 
I laughed.
I cried.
I was inspired.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment