My beautiful, sweet, witty friend and small group sister, Jennifer,
and her family are taking James 1:27 and running with it...
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans...in their distress...
This journey has been long. Seventeen months long. Hoops to jump through. Papers to sign. Ts to cross and Is to dot. Waiting lists to endure.
But, they know that God has called them to open up their home and their hearts to a child. A child who does not have a mommy to snuggle them at night and kiss away boo boos. A child that does not have a daddy to protect them from scary dreams and shadows lurking on the wall.
A child who would otherwise miss out on the greatest gift of all... to.be.LOVED.
This family has so much love to give and are praying for their child whom they have never met.
They are getting closer.
The Bible clearly tells us to look after orphans in their distress. Not all are called to bring an orphan into their home and become a 'forever family.' But we are all called to help.
As you can imagine, adoption is not cheap. To help bring their child home, Jennifer and her amazing daughter are crafting these super.cute and perfect.for.spring scarves in colors of your choice.
![]() |
You can choose 2, 3, or 4 different colors to spice up your wardrobe. I was blessed to be given one for my birthday, and I LOVE it!
| {Not the best picture with my beloved scarf, but you get the idea} |
I get a ton of compliments. I see it as a blessing and an open door to share Jennifer's story. If you would like one of your own, you can contact Jennifer via her Facebook page by looking up "Jennifer Johnson Parris" or commenting here and I will get it to her. I know that she will be glad to ship these to you if you do not live in our city. They are $10 each! What a steal of a deal!!!
![]() |
Please be praying for Jennifer and her family. A child needs a family and this family needs a child.
Also, she is starting up a blog to mark their journey. You can follow it here.
Linked by love scarves. How appropriate and symbolic of what God does by placing families together
through adoption!
I am passionate about this adoption. Brian and I have always wanted to adopt. We feel it in our depths. But, our timing is not now. Jennifer's is. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEIR FAMILY GROW!


No comments:
Post a Comment