It is so important to us that the boys be involved in activities that are going to help them be well-rounded. G started with T-ball last year and is moving up to 5-6 ball this year.
We might as well be transitioning from elementary to middle school! For real, it seems like such a huge jump between the two. The competition is tough. And G is still timid. He froze up in evaluations last week, although he was excited to play (before he made it to the field at least). His fear of people watching him got the best of him. It pains me to watch him chained to his shyness...he comes by it honest though. I think that is why it hurts so bad. Brian gave him the choice to opt out of playing, but he chose to go forward. I am proud of him for persevering. So, we went to the ballfield to do some practicing. Brody and Chase will be playing T-ball this year, so they got out there as well!
We are not sure if Brody is going to bat right or left handed. He eats and throws left handed, but colors and writes right handed....
And apparently, Michael Jackson showed up on the field...
These two were caught cheering from the sidelines....
Garrison has his first practice tonight. I'm not going to lie, I am a nervous wreck. B is not going to be able to go so I'm flying solo. I want him to feel success before he feels failure. I know moments of failure are crucial as they shape and mold us into persevering people. I just don't want G to be defined by insecurity and defeat. I want him to run and smile, take the good with the bad, and enjoy being a little boy.
So we begin baseball season. Two will be playing. We will practically be living at the ballfield. I'm ok with it as long as my boys are growing and embracing the challenge and enjoying the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment