Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Warner Bear

To my precious bear cub,

Today, you are one.  Simply typing those words brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat.  My baby is one.  Tender and innocent.  Giggly and happy.  ONE!

Your life has done nothing but enriched mine.  From the outside, the world peers in.  It sees me overwhelmed by my duties as a working wife and mommy to three littles.  Regardless of what might be, there is not one single second that I could ever imagine my life without you. 

You help me to pause and catch my breathe.  You light up when I walk in the room.  You pursue me for cuddles.  You are most content in my arms.  I think you are my biggest fan.  And I am yours!  I am so incredibly blessed to be YOUR mommy.  I am in awe that God chose me to care for you.  You make me a better person.   

Those blue eyes and toothy grin melt my heart.  And I am smitten.

Smitten with those chubby cheeks, blonde locks, and chunky legs.  Smitten with your giggle and love for bath time.  Smitten that you adore your brothers and they return the same affections.  Smitten by watching you play with Daddy and want in on big boy wrestling matches.

Your biggest worries right now are about eating and being put down.  But, I know what life has before you.  I know you are going to be hurt in this life.  You have lessons to learn and growing pains to endure.  But through it all, I will be on the sidelines, cheering you on.  Loving you to the moon and back.  Cherishing every moment of your life.  Because you are mine and life is so much sweeter with you in it.

Borrowing words from my favorite Dr. ~  Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is youer than you. ~ Dr. Seuss


                                                                                             With every ounce of my love,
                                                                                              Mama   

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sweet words...I'm crying Ash! You are the sweetest mama!

    ReplyDelete