We talked up the adventure with the boys for weeks, showed them You Tube videos, and genuinely brainwashed convinced them that skiing would be a blast.
For some reason, Brody has associated Christmas with snow. He was too little to remember our white Christmas a couple of years ago. Maybe the Christmas movies of Frosty have something to do with it. I digress. Anyway, we told him that he would definitely see snow when we went on our trip. So, he was super excited to get to go skiing....just for the snow...and to 'hit Daddy in the butt with a snowball.' Oh that boy cracks me up.
It rained on our drive over to North Carolina. Kind of a bummer, but I was still hoping for snow. Once we arrived and pointed out the slopes, Brody said "I don't know about that one Daddy." When asked what he meant, he said, "Maybe a smaller hill." Haha
The next day, we set out. And it SNOWED! It was so beautiful and the boys were thrilled. We headed over to the slopes to get our ski on. All bundled up, I knew the walk in would be difficult with our ski boots on (I am too cheap to rent a locker). Once in, we were good to go. The boys were eager to get their skis on and we tackled the bunny slope.
Both did super awesome and we burned A LOT of calories (can I get on oh yeah!) toting them back up the hill each time.
There were a few tears from absolute exhaustion...
Garrison masterd the J-Bar...
Warner got to get in on the action as well...he'll be on skis in two years.
We had a blast teaching the boys and sharing our love of this adventure with them.
More pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment