Since having three boys, Brian has become more aware of my need for pink-frillly-emotional-girliness in the midst of pee covered toilets, super heroes strone on the floor, daily fights, and talk of boogers and poop.
| {Proof: the two littles on my leg are nano seconds away from a fight...while hanging on my leg...happens all.of.the.time} |
He has also taught them to stand next to their seats and wait for me to be seated first at dinner every evening.
So amongst the pee covered toilets, super heroes strone on the floor, daily fights, and talk of boogers and poop, it does feel good to be the princess of the house.
This past Tuesday welcomed me to my 32nd year. The men of the house did not disappoint in making me feel special. I was treated to dinner out and two sweet gifts wrapped in Cinderella paper. Once I saw that wrapping paper, I could care less what was waiting for me inside of those boxes. The thought of my boys buying me princess wrapping paper sent me over the moon! Princess wrapping paper!
Brian prefaced the gift opening with the notion that each gift was straight from the boys. They thought about what to get me and Brian made it happen. Brody wanted to get me a princess crown, and Garrison said I needed a princess dress. And that is exactly what I got!
| {My beautiful 'princess crown' chosen by Brody, and gorgeous princess dress picked by G} |
My fairytale consists of a humble abode with pee covered toilets, super heroes strone on the floor, daily fights, and talk of boogers and poop. But, I am the princess of it all. I wouldn't change a thing {well, maybe I would have a live-in maid. And chef.} I love my testosterone-filled house and how they take care of me.
| {My Knights in Shining Armor} |
It goes without saying, I am so very blessed to have a husband who is sensitive to my needs and teaches our boys that it is the little things that make a big difference to a princess.
Why does your blog always make me cry?? So sweet, Ash! Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI am STOKED you are the princess of a testosterone filled castle! We should have "tea & crumpets" sometime!
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
.mac :)