Thursday, February 9, 2012

Warner Jude Mosley is HERE!

 
My plan was to work up until Warner's birth.  I did it with Brody and was on summer break with Garrison.  What I didn't think about was that I had only been back to work after summer vacation for a few weeks when I had Brody.  I have been working all year while pregnant with Warner.  The emotional and physical toll was becoming too great this go around.  Brian told me on a Wednesday to make that Friday my last day.  I progressed from 3cm dilation one week at the doctor to 4 cm the next.  Plus, Warner was definitely dropping at a quick rate.  We got the sense from Dr. Radpour that it could be an "any day" kind of deal.

So, I made Friday, January 27th my last day until March.  I counted and timed contractions all weekend.  We even made a call to the on-call nurse Saturday night as my contractions were about ten minutes apart.  We were told to wait.  They went away.  We were bummed.

Sunday brought more of the same, but nothing consistent.  Monday rolled around.  My first official day of maternity leave.  NOTHING HAPPENED ALL DAY.  I was really upset.

Brian stayed home with me on Tuesday.  He had been getting me out to walk.  For lunch, he got us a spicy chicken sandwich and added extra hot sauce.  Still, not much activity.  He bought me a book to occupy my thinking.  Told me to relax.  And enjoy resting as much as possible.

Sleeping was a pain.  So.uncomfortable!  Every time I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I would hope that my water would break.  That way I KNEW we had to go to the hospital and none of the guessing game that came with contractions.  I was induced with the other boys and really had no idea what I was doing with all of these contractions.

On Wednesday morning, I woke up around 4:45 to go to the bathroom, and sure enough I felt a trickle run down my leg.  Could this be it?!  I made it to the bathroom rug and without a doubt realized that my water broke.  Yippee!  This was the experience we wanted!  We really wanted to have the "we must get to the hospital now" experience.  We had already agreed on induction if it were offered, but were thrilled to be going in on our own.  Plus, this was a super cool birth date 2-1-12!

Brian took a quick shower, I called our "middle of the night" friend who rushed over to watch the other boys.  We sent out the texts.  Brian drove to the hospital with the flashers on just because "it was fun."

The nurses checked me while in triage, and I had not changed much from the week before!  I could not believe it from my weekend contractions.  I got settled in a room and hooked up to all the monitors.  My contractions were decreasing in amount and intensity.  So, they gave me the stinking Pitocin anyway.  They advised ordering my epidural sooner than later because of scheduled C-Sections that morning.  So, at 7:30 the epidural arrived.  The doctor had a more difficult time getting it placed than I had with the other boys.  As the contractions intensified, I could still feel them getting stronger and stronger.  I don't recall just how many doses I got, but I think the doctor was mad at herself for not getting it right...so she kept pumping me full.  She was ready to redo it completely when my nurse said that there was no time...that I was about to have a baby!  The pain was not horrific by any means, just uncomfortable.

Two residents had come by earlier in the morning to ask if they could be present for the birth of Warner.  Brian and I agreed.  What better than the birth of Warner be part of someone's education.  During the 10 o'clock hour, my nurse had me start pushing .  One of the residents came in, Dr. Bradbury.  She got suited up and helped with the pushing.  In a matter of minutes, I was told not to push anymore, the nurse called Dr. Radpour to run over, and called the delivery team telling them that they "were needed RIGHT now."  Of course, I am feeling absolutely nothing as all of my drugs had taken effect.  I remember the world-wind of everyone rushing in.  I asked for a mirror, but saw nothing with all the people in a way.  I pushed for two rounds and without even really knowing it, Warner Jude Mosley made his entrance into the world.  I was surprised to see him.  But, he let everyone know that he was there.

He screamed and cried. A LOT!  Perfect rolls and a head full of blonde hair.  He reminded us of Brody.  The announcement came that he was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 in long.  What?!  He was tiny compared to his brothers.  But, he also came earlier than them.

I was smitten.  Brian was smitten.  Three boys.  Each perfect in his own way.   

Welcome to our crazy family Warner Bear!  It is gonna be a wild ride.  We love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley!!!!!

    I am so happy to meet Warner! He is precious!

    I love your blog! But more importantly, YOU will love your blog. I cannot tell you how awesome it is to go back and re-read posts from the past. The memory needs to be jostled a little to recollect, you know?

    You have the coolest blog title EVER too!

    So happy to be following you...

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete