We chose to spend today...two days after Christmas...to have a lazy, decompressing type of day. Christmas was a whirlwind of festivities with way too many presents to count for two very blessed little boys. Warner even racked up on some winter clothes and diapers. Today, we got the house in somewhat of an orderly fashion. The boys played great together using their little imaginations and learning how to share. Brian and I watched the Nativity Story. Such a fantastic movie... I am a bit embarrassed that we watched it after Christmas... but it was perfect timing just the same. I was refreshing to watch the simplistic nature of days of old as we have been swarmed with consumerism at every turn and long to-do lists in order to prepare for the holiday. There is a multitude of things to learn from that movie, from the story, from the Truth.
One of my very favorite moments of the season was when we pulled out the Little People nativity scene for the boys. We talked about the birth of Jesus. The wise men. The shepherds. Mary and Joseph. A few days later, I had the boys surround me as I put out my beloved Willow Tree nativity. I retold the story with each figure I pulled out of the box. Garrison had the "light bulb" moment as I was telling the story and quickly went to grab his Little People nativity to add to the 'grown-up' version. Natural wooden pieces meshed beautifully with little, chubby, brightly colored, plastic little people. My heart smiled a mile wide.
Another favorite moment was when I passed the Willow Tree nativity (back to its normal, single state with the other occupying its own table top in the living room) and notice a plastic baby Jesus amongst the wooden figures. I think they are getting it.
Happy Birthday Jesus. Thank you, Lord, for sending your precious son as a gift to save us from our demise. How you did it, I will never know. Let us all be constantly mindful of your perfection in every step of the Salvation story. From the perfect conception to the unthinkable death... Let us remember everyday your perfect plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment