It is nice being on maternity leave and having a more flexible schedule. I have said repeatedly to Brian that we should have planned on going to Disney World while I was on leave during the off-peak season (plus we would only have to pay for one kiddo at this point). Brody freaks out every time a Disney World commercial comes on TV. He loves that mouse!
While it wasn't Disney World, it was spontaneous. And it was an adventure. Mosley style. Of course.
So, Thursday night we ate dinner. I had a headache. And Brian mentioned the thought of going on a day trip on Friday. Then, he suggested that we leave right then. Hahahahahaha! "Right then" with three kiddos to prepare for. Yeah right. But, I was game.
I packed a quick bag. We put the boys in pjs. Loaded in the car and headed for Gatlinburg around 7:30. It did not take long for the boys to fall asleep while watching a movie. Brian and I chatted, got gas, and chocolate milk and enjoyed our spontaneity.
The boys have both been begging for snow since Christmas. We promised that we would try to deliver. If it is going to be unseasonably warm here with NO hopes of snow, then we will go find it. We decided to take them tubing at Ober, Gatlinburg. With all their snow gear on, we reserved their tickets, ate lunch, rode the carousel, and watched the skiers (sigh! I want to go so bad).
Brian took GL on the tubing run three times...and he hated it! No surprise there, but he was brave and courageous and did it...that is all we ask for.
![]() |
| GL and Daddy |
Brody did not know what to expect...obviously. He seemed to be happy-go-lucky until the first ride was over. Brian said it was the roughest ride all day. Poor guy. He did go one more time. The video recorder died right as Brian was about to tape this one. He is bummed...he said Bug's face was priceless fear.
![]() |
| Brody and Daddy (and some random, rock'n old lady...I want to be like her when I grow up!) |
|
Warner Bear enjoying some snuggle time in his seat! I drove down the mountain with the two littles, and Brian and GL rode down on the tram. GL really enjoyed that adventure. Next, we stopped at the Smokey Mtn National Park visitor center to purchase a National Park passport book. Our family's new goal is to travel to as many National Parks as possible. Yep, I am surrounded by all boys. Looks like our future will be full of hiking, camping, exploring the great outdoors. Maybe they will take me to a mall and let me shop till I drop one day a year. {wink, wink}. We then drove to Cades Cove. Such a beautiful drive getting there and through there. Garrison was stoked when I let him ride up front with Daddy while we ventured through the cove. It was more to an excitement than the surroundings. Funny boy. It was such a fun, spontaneous trip. And, Warner's first. I think all three boys have gone to the Smokey Mountains within their first month or two of life. I love sharing these adventures with them. Give your future a past to remember. |







No comments:
Post a Comment