Thursday, July 5, 2012

Compassion

I got a text from a dear friend and my sis-in-law as they showed concern for Brian.  For, Andy Griffith had passed away. 

Weeknights at 7:30, you will likely find our t.v. tuned in to Channel 12 to witness those black and white reruns of the Andy Griffith Show.  The boys know the whistle and promptly inform Brian that his show is on.  We even get a little disappointed when the 'newer' color reruns come on...or the ones when Andy is puffing away on a cigarette.  Nothing compared to what you will find on the current reality shows, but still...  

Yep, we love the days of old.  Andy, Opie, Barney, and Aunt Bea!  I think I was made more for that era.

Garrison misses nothing.  I am always surprised at what he recalls, even when we don't think he is listening.  As a rerun came on the television a few days after Andy's passing, Garrison perked up.  He said, "Mama, Daddy doesn't have to be sad!  Andy 'Griffis' is not dead anymore."

Farewell Mr. Griffith!  Thank you for bringing us wholesome {mostly} weeknight entertainment in 2012.  You will clearly live on forever in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment