I have been excited for the summer Olympics and sharing that experience with the boys. The opening ceremonies fell on a Friday night, our family night every week. So, we ate meatball subs asked the boys if they were excited for the Olympics. GL perks up and says a resounding 'yes!' I then asked him if he knew what the Olympics were, in which he replied a not so exuberant 'no.' Ha! So their lesson of sports mania 101 began. I'm sure they were confused with the lack of sports action as we piled up on the couch to watch the opening ceremonies. Of course, they did not get to make it all the way to the 'Us' to watch the United States wave their flags and wear those hilarious-to-me outfits. However, the next morning the action was on. GL was glued to the t.v. as he watched the coverage of the best athletes in the world. He is so much like me... he enjoys having something to look forward to. So glad that I can give him 17 days of Olympic action. Usually at breakfast, he asks to watch a cartoon. Yesterday he was asking to watch the 'Muppets'??? I did not understand as we have never watched the Muppets on our small variety of t.v. channels. But, he was persistent...another trait from me...and pressed on about the Muppets. He finally found the Olympic channel and cheered, proclaiming he had found the Muppets! Hahahahahahaha I love that kid. We promptly had a lesson on the letter 'O' and the sound in makes in Olympics.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
The Olympics, The Muppets, Same Thing
I have been excited for the summer Olympics and sharing that experience with the boys. The opening ceremonies fell on a Friday night, our family night every week. So, we ate meatball subs asked the boys if they were excited for the Olympics. GL perks up and says a resounding 'yes!' I then asked him if he knew what the Olympics were, in which he replied a not so exuberant 'no.' Ha! So their lesson of sports mania 101 began. I'm sure they were confused with the lack of sports action as we piled up on the couch to watch the opening ceremonies. Of course, they did not get to make it all the way to the 'Us' to watch the United States wave their flags and wear those hilarious-to-me outfits. However, the next morning the action was on. GL was glued to the t.v. as he watched the coverage of the best athletes in the world. He is so much like me... he enjoys having something to look forward to. So glad that I can give him 17 days of Olympic action. Usually at breakfast, he asks to watch a cartoon. Yesterday he was asking to watch the 'Muppets'??? I did not understand as we have never watched the Muppets on our small variety of t.v. channels. But, he was persistent...another trait from me...and pressed on about the Muppets. He finally found the Olympic channel and cheered, proclaiming he had found the Muppets! Hahahahahahaha I love that kid. We promptly had a lesson on the letter 'O' and the sound in makes in Olympics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment