Friday, September 9, 2011

2 Year Stats

I took Brody for his two year check-up on Wednesday.  He was a big boy and stood on the scale for the first time (it is the small things that get me).  He weighed in at 29 pounds and was 2' 11 tall.  His head is in the 90th percentile, weight around 50th, and height around 70th.

Dr. Wiley was please with his growth and said he was a "healthy boy."  We are still puzzled about his allergy since the only place it really affects him is on his bottom.  I am still convinced it happens after we allow him to have dairy like pizza or ice cream (both in which he is a huge fan).  The doctor said that maybe something is happening with the dairy proteins/enzymes after they are broken apart that is affecting him.  We are to continue to keep him off.  Boooooooo!

I asked what to do about the thumb sucking.  CONSTANT REMINDERS.  So, we started that evening by doing the pacy with bed.  The next morning, the pacy had to go up and the constant reminders began before I went to work.  His.world.was.crushed!  He'd bring his thumb close to his mouth while looking at me.  When I said "no" he'd drop it and his head in devastation complete with crying.  He would bring his thumb up near his cheek during the day or grab both ears, but he was mindful to keep it out of his mouth.  I cracked up that evening though.  He said that he was going to get his thumb.  Once told no, he said that he was going to his room and "shut the door."  He did.  I snuck and opened the door to find him sitting on his windowsill with his thumb in his mouth.  Bahahaha!  He had to get a quick fix.  When he saw that he was busted, he stuck the other thumb in as well.  I crushed his world again when I told him no.  He slept with his pacy that night.  But, we are going strong, and I'm hoping that this is easier than I thought it was going to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment