Brody Bug turned two almost two weeks ago. I have learned a valuable lesson this year about having a child who has a birthday in the midst of me getting back into the swing of things with school... LESSON: Plan the kid's birthday BEFORE I go back to work. It is so hard readjusting and a setting up a new routine, but it is crucial to provide a great birthday for Brody. So, it being his 2nd birthday, I knew that I did not want to do anything over the top elaborate anyway, but it still snuck up on me.
Right now he is a lover of trains...choo choos to be exact. The day before his birthday, we went to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and rode a for-real, big time train. For months, all I have heard is "ride it momma" whenever Brody sees anything train...whether in a book, t.v., or one passing by on our way home. So ride it we did, and he.loved.it! We might even buy a family membership to the museum and ride that train a lot.
 |
| Garrison and Brody LOVED riding the train. |
 |
| We adore our Bug! |
I did think well in advance about the cake, and had a very talented lady at church (shout out to Billie Wilson) make him a train cake. It was adorable...and extremely yummy! I made some last minute texts to family over the weekend and we had an instant party Sunday afternoon. Brody was a young gentleman and said thank you to each and every person who came. I love birthdays and I love birthday boys!!!
Brian wrote the sweetest thing in Brody's birthday card.
"You may be 2nd in order, but you will never be 2nd in importance."
We love you Bug! Happy 2nd Birthday! |
No comments:
Post a Comment