I have a sick addiction to weather. Honestly, too much of one thing gets to me. Even sunshine! I know, it is weird. So, when the weather forecast said that Tropical Storm Lee would be headed my way, my spirits lifted. We have had some super HOT, dry days for most of the month of August. Our yard was brown and crispy. Leaves were turning colors not due to the season change, but due to no water and death looming. With the rain coming over Labor Day weekend, I envisioned myself in sweatpants, a blanket, popcorn, movie, a couch, and my boys. agh! And it came, and came, and came some more. We cooked breakfast with the backdoor open to listen to the sound of raindrops hitting the trees. Garrison even braved a dip in the foreign matter falling from the sky.
We played downstairs, watched a movie, found a leak (in the boys' room...in which I was not a bit surprised!), took a nap, cleaned some, cooked dinner, and had a scamper in rain gear in the backyard. As more rain came, the thought slid through my head that school might be cancelled due to flooding and downed trees. A two hour delay thrilled me, but I was elated this morning when the report came in that school was in fact CANCELLED! Oh yeah! So, I am enjoying another rainy day indoors with my boys. An added bonus is that the temperatures are going to drop to a good 10-20 degrees below what they have been! Hallelujah, Autumn is in sight! Brody is sporting some jeans today. I have to figure out what to do for Garrison. He has gotten so tall and I have not even thought about purchasing him some pants.
I could use a four day weekend ONCE a month. Is that too much to ask to get re-energized?








No comments:
Post a Comment