Another weekend has come and is almost gone. My house is the same disarray as when I came in on Friday afternoon. Laundry has slowly gotten washed, but not folded. The floors are still in need of vacuuming. Groceries have been bought. Eyelids are heavy, but I must catch up some on this blog. It is meant to document life...even if it does go by way too fast. Therefore, I must slow down long enough to capture some memories.
The boys both decided to NOT sleep in today or yesterday for that matter. Brian was on a retreat Friday night, so I was single-parenting-it. The boys both got up at 6:15 yesterday morning and 5:15 this morning. NO nap today. Argh! I am in need of sleep.
Brody has major two-year-old attitude. He is spending many doses of time in time-out and receiving his fair share of spankings. He hasn't quite grasped who is in charge around here. He continues to love to do anything and everything that Garrison does. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G except for go to the potty, which I am desperate for him to do. He continually cracks us up with his vocabulary. One of his favorite phrases is, "No way Jose." Just this evening, he was spinning himself around on the coffee table...nonstop. I let him. I thought about my future and looking at that coffee table...when he is a teenager...and no longer spinning himself around on it... hopefully!
Garrison is finding himself somewhere between pushing the limits and being an angel. He is getting old enough to truly know the difference between right and wrong and how his behavior affects those around him. He has his moments...still many of them. I see light at the end of this four-year-I-gotta-have-it-my-way tunnel. He is loving school and seems to be more comfortable with his surroundings. I pray that he makes some really good friends who he will go to kindergarten with.
Warner Jude is moving and shaking. He has some pretty swift kicks toward the bottom of my belly. I love it. I found out that I do not have an anterior placenta with him (I did with G and B), so I am able to feel his movements much easier than I did the other two. I will be 22 weeks on Tuesday, and look so much bigger. I can't believe that we have not taken a single belly picture with this pregnancy. (Dearest Warner, In the future as you are reading this, please know that we did not love you any less or enjoy this pregnancy any less than we did with your brothers. It really is true that life is jam packed with responsibility right now.)
We are in need of a bigger vehicle. Most likely a minivan. I feel claustrophobic already in our cars.
It is past my bedtime. Another work week. Then, fall break. Sigh. I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment