Saturday, July 23, 2011

Partners in Crime

These two.


Yes, these two.


They are getting into some mischief with each other. The older they get, the closer they get. I was hoping it would be that way. Brothers. Through thick and thin. I am starting to hear more laughter coming from other rooms instead of the usually bickering and crying. Other rooms? YES! They are finally playing with EACH OTHER. What a grand concept?! A built in playmate.

{Just for noting purposes, I know this is likely to change when puberty hits... how uncool it will be to hang out with your own brother... but I hope they always enjoy each others friendship}.

A few weeks ago, the house was unusually quiet one morning while Brian and I were getting ready. I must have had a brain lapse of realism when I made the statement that the boys must being playing really well together because I didn't hear the usual noise. After quick investigation, they were not to be found in the house or the backyard. Um? I found the front door ajar and Brody making his way down the steps and GL in the driveway (in NOTHING but his underwear) both with their toy dart guns. WHAT???!!! After ushering them inside and interrogation, I found out that they were "shooting" dinosaurs. Score in the department of imagination. Fail in the parenting department since I had forgotten to latch the security bolt back! At least our neighbors got a good laugh at our expense.

Since returning from Albania, we are really digging their time of siesta after lunch. I am soaking this up as much as possible before I return to work. Yesterday, Brody was in his crib, and GL was supposed to be in his bed. I was drifting off to a blissful nap when I heard a small thump. No crying. Wait for it. Laughter. I looked at the video monitor and did not see Brody in his crib. {Now, GL has been climbing into Brody's crib lately to play with him. After showing him the video monitor and explaining that we could SEE the crib, we thought this would stop}. So, I listened closer and realized that they were definitely together and they were not in the crib. Um? I sneaked down the hall to hear GL whisper to Brody that he had to go to the sleep. They were in Garrison's room. How did Brody get out of the crib? I had a really good laugh (out of their sight) and they did not get a nap. White flag for this tired mama.

What on earth will they get into together next?

No comments:

Post a Comment