We just wrapped up our second VBS day...and it was GREAT. While we were finishing up our preparations for the day the kids came in to the church. They went out of their way to shake ALL of our hands! So cute! I think everyone is laying their 'shyness' aside. Plus, a really cool thing is that there were quite a bit more kids today than yesterday.
I had to smile when I noticed one little guy wearing his USA t-shirt. I don't know if he did it on purpose or not, but it was still cute. While we were painting faces (or arms or hands or a neck in one case), it was nice to get some one on one face time with the kids. Those that knew some English tried to use it when they were with us.
We also played more water games that the kids seem to adore. The pastors and their volunteers all are so so so appreciative for our team. But we really feel it is an honor to be invited to come in and serve.
Before we left, we got to interact with an elderly couple who live behind the church. They were working in their garden and came over to see what was going on. Although they could not speak a lick of English, they smiled, agreed to pictures with us, and gave us fresh basil.
One lady and her children have been riding in the bus with us to and from Marikaj. They all speak English and are so very welcoming. Lavdi has thanked us numerous times for leaving the boys to come and serve. I guess she understands since she has two little ones.
I also got to spend quite a bit of time with another young lady, Viola. She is from Marikaj but moved to Tirana last year when she got married. She is a first generation Christian and has led several of her family members to the Lord. She shared deep concern for her dad, brother, and brother-in-law. She was joyful when I promised to pray for them. Please whisper them to the Father with me.
It is late and we are all exhausted. However, we are really looking forward to tomorrow! We feel at home here. God is good.
So glad you guys made it and things are going well! What an adventure!!
ReplyDelete-Lyndsay