Garrison woke up first and ran to get Brody. Daddy read the Christmas story and we prayed. And thanked God for His most perfect gift to us. Then, we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.
Garrison had already discovered the trampoline in the backyard. He squealed in delight when he was looked behind the curtain to see what the weather was like!
Wrapping paper was torn and thrown about the living room. Warner wanted everything that wasn't his, much to his brothers' dismay.
We laughed and soaked in the memories of little imaginations at their finest. We built castles out of blocks and encountered an adventure on the high seas with Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
The day was full of joy and a foggy mist that somehow warmed my heart. Odd I know, but it seemed to wrap its arms around me, pushing me to retreat indoors by the glow of a fireplace and laughter of little boys.
Brody probably had the best day of his little life with the accomplishment of receiving the entire gamete of Jake and the Never Land Pirates toys. His little mind was in overdrive as he peered through his spyglass at the world beyond him.
GL got his Ninja Turtles and dinosaur transformers. And played like I've never seen him play before.
Warner got those sweet baby toys that will be covered in equally sweet baby slobber. ;-)
And I got a good dose of boy testosterone. Brian laughed at me as I tried to play adventurously with the castle of blocks. I admit, I am totally lost on playing battle, adventure, bad guy, triumph, etc. Give me some Barbies and I can rock the imaginary play. But, I am willing to learn how to shoot cannons and wrestle alligators and lock up the prisoner in the dungeon.
| Ahhhhh, if only it always looked this peaceful among brothers. ;-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment