Friday, November 30, 2012

Learning from my Brody

Brody is like a flea in hot ashes.  This kid is all over the place.  Spinning, twirling, talking and talking and talking.

and talking.


AND he is Brian's mini me in so many ways.  Last week, he crawled into the bed with Brian and said, "Daddy, daddy, its me, Brody."  Brian and I busted out laughing.  He is constantly beside Brian, following him around like his shadow.  I want to be like that with my Heavenly Father.  I want to sit at His feet, learn from Him, talk with Him, crave to be with Him.



Brody is so full of life and even when I think he is constantly distracted and in his own Brody world, he is paying far more attention to things than I realize.  He is teaching me a lot about being a teacher.  I have several students who I think aren't learning a thing from me because they are doing the 5th grade version of spinning, twirling, and oh yes, lots of talking.  Some of them don't hear me, but some are like my Bug and they are absorbing far more than I realize.
 
He teaches me about me.  We are both the middle child.  He is a broken record until he is heard.  Desperate to know that someone is paying attention to him.  I will see a lot of myself in him as he grows I'm sure.   

Brody is clumsy as anything!  He is ALWAYS running into the same piece of furniture.  He just bruised his eye on it the other day.  He runs into walls, falls, bumps his head, etc etc etc.  I seriously am laughing just by writing this.  It is constant.  BUT, he always gets back up.  Sometimes he cries, but usually on the go again within minutes.  I need to do this with life and all the bumps in the road.  I need to pay attention to the things I keep 'hitting' and learn to avoid them.  I need to cry for a minute if it really hurts and get back up again.  Move on and start twirling, spinning, and talking to God about my problems.  I want to be free spirited like my Brody. 

Thank you Lord for using my kids to TEACH ME a lesson or two...or a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment