Sunday, August 12, 2012

Oh What a Week!

I started back to work on August 2nd.  It was fine.  It was a Thursday.  Who doesn't love a two day work week!?  Then, on Sunday, I noticed bumps on Brody while getting ready for church.  Odd I thought, but alas we marched on.  That afternoon, Brian's mom called saying she had the Chicken Pox (at first she thought that she had never had it).  It dawned on my the bumps I had found all over Brody that morning.  They were filled with fluid and some red.  After some research, I found that a child who has had the first part of the vaccine can get a mild case of the chicken pox.  This is apparently what Brody had.  He is not scheduled to get the second half of the vaccine until he is four or five.  Donna was miserable and ended up getting a total of eight prescriptions (I think that was my last count...could be slightly off) for pain, sleep, and the danger of it being close to her eye.  She did find out that it was Shingles.  We were able to step back and punt.  Mom and Amanda rescued us by watching the boys a few days.  Brian took off one day and I took off half a day (one week in and already taking days from work...so it is goes when you have kiddos at home).  Good news is that Donna is on the mend.  She was seriously MISERABLE.

All five of us had a MEAN sinus infection or cold or something grody like that.  It knocked us down for sure.  Only a few sniffles remain now.  Warner did have a big string of snot this morning.  Awesome.

AND, the stinking air return in the garage formed a small Mississippi River.  Apparently, you are supposed to clean that thing with bleach once a year to unclog it.  Who knew?  Clearly, not us.  So now we do, and so do you.  It will save you from spending unnecessary money to Maximum Heating and Air {They are great though if you ever need such services}. 

So, my first full week back to work has been full of adventure.  They boys and I are hanging out at the house today since Brody still has a few visitors left on his little body.  We don't want to share with the other kids at church. 

A big week is coming up.  My students come back for their first day tomorrow.  GL and Brody get to meet their teachers on Tuesday and start school on Thursday.  Fingers crossed that Brody will be clear by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment