Tuesday, August 21, 2012

11:47 a.m. on 8/21/12 ....



You, my dearest Brody Bug, turned 3...


1 Year


Wow, you remind me of Warner in this picture!  It is hard to believe it was taken two years ago today.  How did my Buggy boy become a three year old?!  You wanted to celebrate your birthday in the shadow of your big brother...with the Avengers.  However, I swayed you to please have one last "little boy" party.  You chose Mickey Mouse, because when it is all said and done, you still love that mouse!  You were so excited when you woke up this morning to the balloons that transformed the house into a birthday wonderland.  You squealed with delight at that first glimpse.  I heard those little legs running to find me so that you could show me the magic that floated about.  Peanut butter cookie for breakfast and sheer joy to share that sweet goodness with your new class at preschool.  Garrison talked you through the steps of how your day would go.  He is the 'boss,' you know...or so he thinks he is.  Hehe  He wanted to take care of you and make sure that you understood the agenda of your big day.  Of course, you dined on pizza...even if you were too excited to eat much of it.  Then it was time for presents.  Your process of opening those packages cracked me up.  Slowly, in true Brody fashion, you tore that paper...not leaving a shred left on the boxes.  You got your very own Mobigo game system and games, drums...lots of drums, and Spiderman toys.  I'm excited about some toys that I even had as a little girl: Hungry, Hungry Hippo and Etcha Sketch    You got a Mickey Mouse towel, movie, and a Madagascar Wii game.  I had to laugh when you asked for more presents as you were getting ready for bed.  To say that you are spoiled is an understatement. 


Two Years
You bring so much spunk to my life.  So different from your big brother, you don't mind pushing the limits and testing the waters.  It is very common to find you coloring.  Garrison is your best friend.  You love to laugh AND fight with him.  You miss him when he is gone, can't wait for him to wake up so you can play, but argue with him when you two are together.  

Your big blue eyes melt me...and most everyone else.  You have this facial expression where you squint your eyes in a sly way with a wiry little grin.  You can ignore me with the best of them and tell me constantly that I 'hurt your feewings.'  You have no quams with telling us that you don't 'wike' something...especially dinner.  You are so animated.  I laugh so much at the things you do and say.  You tell me not to laugh at you.  I tell you that I am laughing because you make me happy.  Very, very happy!  Comedian?

There is no doubt that you have to learn the hard way.  This goes against my play-it-safe-and-follow-the-rules nature.  Drums fascinate you.  You have an ear for percussion and get excited when you hear that beat.  Drummer?     

I love your excitement for life.  You have such an amazing sense of adventure.  EVERY time we leave somewhere, you want to know 'where we going now.'  Often times, you get upset if we tell you that we are going home.  World traveler?

You are my middle child.  I swore that I would never have three children so that someone wasn't stuck in the middle like I was.  You work hard to get your attention.  I want you to know that you are second in order but never in importance.  I love you like I love Garrison and Warner.  My life would not be complete without you my Brody Bug.  Your middle of the night visits to my bed, grinding those little teeth in my ear, and snuggling close are some of the best moments of my life.  I am so amazingly blessed to be your Mama.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mama aka Brody's #1 Fan

1 comment: