I have tried to be very intentional this summer to provide Garrison with social interaction. I want him to continue to gain confidence around other kids. For some reason, he really migrates toward older kids. However, he is super shy among his peers.
So today, we went to the pool with a little guy from church. They are in the same preschool class on Sunday mornings. His mom agreed to meet us at the pool for a play date. I worked with GL in the car on saying hi and talking about Spiderman with Benjamin. And he did when he saw Benjamin in the parking lot! I was so proud of him.
They played in the pools and the splash park. It was the perfect day to be in the water since it was so hot. He gave Benjamin a timid high five when we left. He slept like a rock this afternoon. I call it success.
Lord, I pray for my eldest to be a young man who has a humble confidence in You. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment