Last Wednesday on Garrison's birthday, I had to wake Brody up so that I could get him over to my mom's house. He had been asleep for 12 hours. Pretty sufficient rest I thought. However, he was roasting. I did not actually take his temperature (what is wrong with me?), but I did give him Tylenol. After I dropped him off and headed out for Garrison's birthday ventures, Amanda called to tell me how lethargic he was.
I talked to a friend who is a nurse and decided to make him an appointment. We did not get to see our regular doctor (bummer) but the one we did see was at least friendly. Brody wanted nothing to do with the man and screamed out any time he was touched. Once the doc looked in his ears and made an attempt to glance at the throat, he determined that we had an ear infection on our hands. Our.first.ever.in.the.Mosley.household.ear.infection. He said it was unlikely that anyone under two could have strep. I guess that applies to little ones who are a couple of months away from being two??? Anyway, he said that the antibiotic would take care of strep if he had it. Problem is: strep is contagious, ear infections are not. Umm?
So, we apparently exposed cousin Chase to the germies that night at GL's birthday shindig. Sunday night, he ended up in PM pediatrics getting diagnosed with strep. Oops.
Garrison ran a fever Sunday through Tuesday of this week. We took him (and ourselves) to the Minute Clinic for a strep test. His rapid test came back negative, so we declined paying a copay to have our own rapid strep test performed. After all, the one who was actually 'sick' was Garrison. We wanted to be cautious because we are leaving the country for 2 1/2 weeks on Friday, and I did not want to pack a strep throat to go with us. So we kept him on a strict regimen of Motrin every six hours. Today, he is back to himself. Thank You Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment