Saturday, June 25, 2011

FoUr

He turned four on Wednesday.

So.we.celebrated.


Brian was in Romania on a mission trip so his first celebration actually took place on the 13th.  We had a grand time at Pump it Up with all of his friends.  They played and played and played.  And ate pizza and cake.  And sang the birthday song.  GL became intensely shy as everyone sang to him.  I don't think he likes the spot light at all.





I wanted to make his actual day special as well.  After all, it was especially hard that Daddy wasn't able to be there with him.  I picked up his friend Bryson and took the two of them for breakfast at Dunken Doughnuts.  They both order a doughnut with chocolate icing and sprinkles.  Their faces were proof of their enjoyment.

Once back at the house, the two of them had time to play anything they wanted.  Outside.Inside.As Spiderman. on the Wii.

And Daddy called.  Which was extra special.  A phone call from far, far away.  JUST FOR HIM.

We ended up at McDonald's for lunch (which was a special treat for GL since we have majorly limited how much we visit said establishment).  Unfortunately, the rains from the day before made for a soggy play area.  But they were content with the next surprise of ice cream at a local shop to meet Bryson's mom.  I hope GL appreciated some uninterrupted time with just his buddy.











Family came over in the evening for pizza and cupcakes and a few gifts.  All in all, I would call the day a success (with the exception of ending up in the doctor's office with Brody and our FIRST EVER ear infection.  but that is another story).


Blurry, but I still love it...and you.









Happy Birthday my big man.  Four years.  Where.does.the.time.go?

No comments:

Post a Comment