And I'm not talking about Christmas (but I did secretly enjoy watching some of Christmas in July on QVC. Am I 70 years old?).
August 1 came with the start of the new school year. And for me, the start at a new school. I am finding my place and enjoying getting to know all the teachers. We had registration last night and today, and I can tell that I have some sweet kiddos in my class.
God confirmed to me within an hour of my first day that He has me right where He wants me. I hope I can remember that on the hard days. ;-)
My principal was super supportive when I told her about the pregnancy and the need for maternity leave in February and March. And my new team is taking good care of me with lifting things and sitting in the front seat when we go to lunch (y'all know that teachers ALWAYS go out to lunch during professional development since we scarf down sandwiches in 20 minutes the majority of the year. Brian still can't figure out why I eat so fast. I've had plenty of practice!).
In other news:
The boys are doing well with the change back to staying with grandparents during the day. GL is super excited about school starting back for him. That makes me super excited! Hopefully, this will be the year that he breaks out of his shell a little bit.
Brody turns TWO in a couple of weeks! When did this happen?! He is really into trains (choo choo trains to be exact). So when asked what he wants for his birthday he says, "choo choo train birfday"). His vocabulary is growing everyday. I often get comments about how broad his vocabulary is and how well he talks. I blame it fully on the fact that he wants to be just "like brother." He copies EVERYTHING that Garrison does. EVERYTHING!
Brian is planning another trip to Albania in October. I don't know how I'm going to do these trips with him gone and me left with three kids by myself. I know women do it all the time. I applaud them!
I go next Thursday for my first big ultrasound that will confirm the due date. I have a feeling it will be later than February 14. However, I look waaaaay more pregnant than I am. I guess the ole body is already stretched out and knows what it is doing. Whoa nelly!
No comments:
Post a Comment